Monday, February 11, 2008

The Way We Were

Well, how about these pictures!
The first one is of Dennis' college graduation. Look at Kaylene, Mom and Dad! Wow......Let's see...Dad is approx 50, Mom is 48 and Kaylene is 11.

The next picture is of Dennis and me and ...yes, that's Betty Jean. Dennis had just graduated from Flight School and we were all dressed up to go to the "Dining In." We were in Del Rio, TX and the year was 1973. I was about to be 22 and Dennis was 24. I made my dress and I'm sure Betty Jean made hers too! We're a couple of "lookers!" Ha ha, her hair is so big she's taller than Dennis!

6 comments:

Kari said...

1. The mustache is SICK, Dad! Ugh!
2. Mom, you're my age in that pic. You look older than I feel. Well I guess you two have accomplished a lot more than we have. Shh don't tell Matt I said that.

Kari said...

P.S. Is that the dress I used to play dress up with?

Katy said...

I love the pictures! Those are so fun. I like that you girls made your own clothes growing up.

Lori said...

Oh, that's too funny! You guys were HOT STUFF!!

Tate Family said...

wow...grandma looks super impressive for the number of kiddos she had!

Peter said...

These are great. Where did you get these pictures. That poof hairdoo is awsome! I hope they come back some day :)
Peter