Thursday, May 22, 2008

Finally.........





We live 1 mile from a large, beautifully wooded park with walking trails and for the past few years, people have dedicated "memory benches" to their loved ones when they have passed on. We decided to honor Brandon with a memory bench too since I walk down there every weekend. We ordered it in January and they said it was to
take about 8 weeks and just this week it was completed. Finally......



Brandon spent time there himself either running or rollerbladding. I remember running with him once when I really wasn't in the mood but I did it anyway and I'm so thankful I did. I saw a Bobcat there that day and because Brandon had run ahead of me, he missed it. Bummer......





Harley went with me to take the pictures. Brandon loved his cats
but he also hung out with Harley at the park every so often. So
to all of you who will eventually visit us, we'll go and enjoy the
bench and tell funny stories of Brandon.

7 comments:

Kari said...

"You'll live in our ears." I love the pic of harley & the bench, of course. She seems to be getting better with the camera!

Grandma Duffy said...

That is really a neat tribute to make to Brandon. Glad it finally got done. Someday I will see it.
Love you!

Jared said...

Thats an awesome bench. I am going to try and become better at responding to your's and everyone's blog posts. So here I am trying to redeem myself. I sure enjoyed the other night, it was lots of fun. It's not everyday I get to pay Rock Band with someone as skilled as you. Rock on Energy Hoarder.

Steph said...

Very neat bench! :) I'm glad you were able to do that!!! It was so good to see you this weekend! We love you!

The Piersons said...

Wendy this bench is beautiful, I will have to come and see it next time I am in town.

Lori said...

It's beautiful----what a wonderful tribute to Brandon. Another important thing for my growing 'to do' list, when I finally get to come back to Texas---sit on the 'B' bench:)

Travis and Joy said...

what a beautiful tribute and it looks so nice. the next time i come out, i'll have to come see it.