Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Sure-Fire Diet!

It's been too long since I talked with y'all! I went to CHINA the last week of October and while there, I found a fantastic way to lose weight! Now I understand why the people are rather small in China! Mike, Carol Ann, Monica and I took a taxi to the area in Beijing where there are all these food vendors set up selling their yummies. This place was featured during the Olympics on The Today Show. These folks need to come to the Texas State Fair and see how we Americans can pack on the pounds by eating funnel cakes, deep fried snickers, fried banana splits, fried cheesecake. You name it, they dip it in batter and deep fry it! Giddy-up! Anyhow, here are the Chinese versions of "snacks."

A Sample Menu:


Yes, you are seeing what you think you are seeing. Sea Horses on a stick!


We didn't actually see any dog meat.


This guy was telling me this was "Cow Stomach"





Yep, here are the Silk Worms!

Finally some "normal, fresh fruit"


Some sort of a rice dessert..........
Now, this is how we ate. Whew!!! And that's why I didn't lose weight on this trip!



7 comments:

Pierce and Stacy said...

I totally know what you are talking about. When we went to Korea, China and Japan to pick up Dain, I'm pretty sure we went to every McDonalds (I don't even like McDs) KFC and TGIFridays. I was excited for the "chinese" food.... such a rookie mistake. :) I'm glad you posted! I missed you. See you in a little bit, if you'll be in Tejas for Tday!

Kari said...

I have noticed that you like to say "giddy up!" a lot in your posts, but I don't think I have every heard you say that in real life.

Grandma Duffy said...

I am excited to hear ALL about the trip. Make sure your installments aren't too far apart...lol!

The Piersons said...

I love the pictures from China!! It looks so amazing. Put up more. :)

Steph said...

I can't show Sadie the sea horses .. she would be so sad. That is some freaky food ... like you were on survivor or something. LOL :) I'm glad you had fun!

lilsusha said...

Hey woman!! Jon went to China August 2007. I didn't get to see any GREAT photos of food like on your blog!!
Got your comment about the photos. Thanks!! Our friend did a great job!! Not sure when we're headed to Texas. I'll ask Jon when we can get away from his THREE jobs to go...sigh.

Jared said...

Oh my Gosh, that makes me SOOO hungry. I'm glad you had a good time.