Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Taking a Vote - Survey

Ok, here's the deal. I didn't realize that it's a big deal here in the South what you're called once you become a Grandmother. Whenever I tell anyone I'm going to become a Grandma, they always ask, "what are you going to be called?" So, I've been thinking for the past couple of months and here are some choices. Feel free to vote.
G'ma (conventional)
Meme
Nana
Momga (haha, family joke. That's Carol Ann's name)
Grammy
Grandy (combination of grandma and Wendy)

Do you have any names to share??

Thank you for your cooperation in this survey!

6 comments:

wendy said...

I just saw this ad right after my post. Maybe this is my answer!!


This 12x12 plaque has been a hit with Nana's everywhere! We just received another shipment, and also have plaque's that say "Grammy!"

Show Nana & Grammy your love this Mother's Day!

Grandma Duffy said...

The girls call me grammy sometimes too.

The Piersons said...

I like Nana but Aaron refuses to allow anything but Grandma. :(

I also like Mama Wendy.

mandie said...

What you call yourself and what the grandkids will call you may be two different things ;) Ian's universal name for g-ma and g-pa is "bahgah".
I like the conventional, or meme. That one would be easy to say for beginning talkers.

Rosemary said...

I am Gi Gi...thought Abby might have problems, but said it correctly from the get go. I have a friend named Linda and her grandkids call her Lin Lin...maybe Wen Wen...or Grendy! Make it something that you really like. Jay is Poppy!

lilsusha said...

My mom is Mimi (me-me)