Friday, June 20, 2008

HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY, KARI!!!


Kari and Brook McKibben around 4 yrs. old

First Day of Kindergarten. Look at this hair...........

Then look at this hair! ha!

Entering 9th grade

Looking Italian in Florence, Italy. Another great moment in time with Kari!



Kari, If you were here, I'd try to make this cake for you.....or something that resembled it. Instead, I have to be lonely and think back 23 years ago when I had you.


It started off like this: Dennis and I drove to the hospital around 6am because you were scheduled to come into this world at 8am. Our good friend, Jay - short for Jacquline - was there too because she's the one who was brave enough to go into the delivery room with me. Your dad was a bit squimish about watching a C-section. Whimp!!! .....back to the delivery...... I had a spinal injection so I was awake to watch you enter this world. I asked them to play some music because all the medical TV shows have music in the operation rooms. They put on The Beach Boys and it was such a treat to watch in the mirror as they delivered you!! I didn't get to do that with Brandon and Ryan and I was ready to witness one of my babies being born! Jay took pictures of you and then the nurse took you outside the room where Dad, Brandon, Ryan and G'ma were all waiting for you. It was one of the BEST days of my life!! We Love you!!! Have a GREAT day and eat extra cake for me!!!

5 comments:

Kari said...

Aw thanks, Mom. The cake says 65 though!! That's more like your age. :) KIDDING! I think you're truly disgusting for watching your own C section. Sick. And I was actually going into 9th grade in that pic. I was much uglier going into 7th grade (also had the very top button buttoned on my shirt. loser!).

The Piersons said...

What cute pictures, I love it!

Stacey said...

Wendy - I've never left any comments on anyone's blog before. Be impressed!! I have checked out your blog often and love it. I really liked your dedication to Brandon as well. Thanks for the well wishes to Todd too.

Steph said...

Kari is such a cutie!!!

Lori said...

Oh, what a sweet mom you are. You're welcome to practice on the cake for my b-day coming up! I'll probably be in the hospital or so big I won't be able to eat a bite. I want to see pics from the hike!! I heard it was so great.